Friday, July 5, 2019

An important person...


I think that everybody has a person who inspired him or a person that they can admired.
In my case, this person is Maria Griselda Hinojosa, the first woman who studied pharmacy in the Universidad de Chile.
I think that she is a great example because before her all pharmacists were men and she marks a difference in the time.
She was born in Copiapó in 1875 and she studied with many men in the university, but she graduated after them because she failed in her practice exam. So she graduated in December of 1899, making history in Chile and the education in this country.
She worked in an association with Percival Rojas and she was the leader of “Botica y droguería” in Copiapó, Chile.

I really love this girl because she is an example of beginning of the women in the real education in Chile. She was the first women who studied my career and I think that this is very important not only for me, is very important to the society.

Probably she had many problems when she studied because all her classmates were men and they had a bad mentalist about the school (and university) and the women.

I think that we, in this moment, are very fortunate because every year more women enter to study in the university, but we have to improve with the equality at work. We can be better. We need to be better.
If you want to know more about Maria Griselda Hinojosa, you can read the book “Griselda… la olvidada"


6 comments:

  1. Maybe I can give it a try to that book

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that she was the first woman that studied Pharmacy in Chile was amazing! I can imagine that she is an inspiration for others women to be pharmaceutic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i don't know about her, she´s really a inspiration to many other people

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome woman!! She broke all the barriers and prejudices to became the first pharmacist woman in Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it´s fantastic that you talk about of someone from this faculty, and better if is the first woman in something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit that being a student of chemistry and pharmacy I did not know anything about María Griselda Hinojosa

    ReplyDelete